What can be fixed?
– The size, shape, or color of teeth may be improved.
– A chipped tooth may be seamlessly restored.
– A short tooth may be lengthened to go with its mates.
– Gaps between the teeth may be eliminated.
Dental bonding is also a less-invasive alternative crowns. Bonding makes possible the re-contouring of your whole smile.
How is Dental Bonding Done?
Dr. Davenport prepares your teeth and then applies the bonding paste to repair defects. After application, the composite material is exposed to ultraviolet light, which cures and hardens it.
At that point, the area is sanded and buffed, smoothing and polishing the surface to look and feel like the surface of your natural teeth.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
– Although the materials used for dental bonding are not as durable as the materials used for veneers or crowns, there is the advantage that the bonding procedure can usually be completed in one appointment.
– Another difference is that bonding is accomplished without the services of a separate dental laboratory.
– With a relatively simple procedure, minor defects can be corrected.
– The material blends in with your natural teeth, so there is no interruption in your smile.
For these minor problems, it may be difficult to choose the best option. Call us for a free consultation.