Some of the minor defects that can be corrected with veneers are teeth stained on the inside, stains that have not responded to tooth whitening, slightly crooked teeth, oddly-shaped teeth, uneven tooth surfaces, chips, gaps, and fillings that have become discolored with time.
With veneers in place, your teeth will appear straighter, whiter, and more even. Veneers are usually made by a dental lab technician, working from a model provided by your dentist.
Advantages of veneers:
– Highly stain-resistant, even to coffee, tea or cigarettes
– Natural in appearance
– Longer lasting and with better color retention than dental bonding
– Less invasive than crowns
– Returning structural integrity to damaged teeth
– Possessing a translucence similar to that of natural teeth
On the other hand, the placing of veneers is usually irreversible, because it`s necessary to remove a small amount of enamel from your teeth to accommodate the shell.